Monday, June 26, 2006

Home Sweet Home


Whew! What a boring car ride, I'm glad I slept the whole way home so it made it go faster. Have you ever noticed that late at night radio stations play soft, quieter music as if they are purposely trying to put you to sleep while you're driving? Well, it worked for me. I had a great time this weekend, but I missed my Daddy-who is on a business trip-so I hung around my Mommy a lot. I played a lot with my Uncle's who would play tag and tug-of-war with me! I also got to spend an afternoon at Grandpa and Grandma H's house where I got to spend some alone time with Grandpa H. I also met a lot of new people and I love people so it was a big deal! I met a one year old girl on Saturday. If I stood up on my hind legs I'd be just about as tall her. Since she's a puppy too, I tried playing with her, but she just wanted to give me kisses.

I kept Mommy busy this weekend; I ate a lot of stuff I shouldn't have eaten, like tiny green rubber bands (like the ones for braces), bark, and onions. I learned this weekend that onions are very toxic to dogs. Onions can cause Heinz body anemia, a form of hemolytic anemia that ruptures premature red blood cells. I think a dog has to eat a lot of onions in order to get sick. But, I'm okay, I left a nice present for Mommy this morning that pretty much contained all the bad things that I ate-I'm sort of punishing her for not watching me closely. Besides, I'm a Pug and that is what Pugs do, we see something and we put it in our mouths. Mommy almost left me at Grandpa and Grandma C's house this week, but she decided I needed more training and she really didn't want to leave me since she's going to be leaving me at my other Grandparent's in a few weeks. I think I'm starting to wear her out...

Yawn...I've had a long day, so I should probably go to bed. I'm so tired such that I tried to play with myself in the mirror tonight. I forgot that it was my reflection. All I know is that I was waiting for Mommy in the bathroom and I saw another puppy in the floor length mirror and I got down on my front legs and started barking at it. I then ran into the other room looking for this other dog but there was nothing there. So I ran back to the mirror and saw him again, I was so confused. I was sure there was another dog there so I kept trying to play with him. I kept barking and running around in circles. Mommy kept laughing at me of course. Oh well...Anyway, I'm off to bed!

No comments: