Thursday, August 23, 2007

Dinner Time!

I am a creature of habit as most dogs are. I prefer a routine and I do not like to deviate from my regular schedule especially when it involves food. My biggest pet peeve is when my parents don't feed me after I'm taken O-U-T. You see, after Mommy comes home she takes me out, I do my business, then I come inside, I sit, she scoops up my food pours into my food bowl and then I chow down.

But sometimes, she comes home earlier and takes me out, I run to my food bowl and Mommy starts preparing dinner or she goes and sits on the couch. She says I don't get food yet because it's not 5:30.

So here is what I do to get food:


I sit and wait hopefully.
Then if that doesn't work I pout.

I whine sometimes too.

I usually always get my way. After I start whining I get food, but first my parents have to torture me.
I don't think you understand how hard it is to sit and wait to eat your food while it is sitting in front of your face. I think it's a control thing and I don't like it.

Finally, I snarf down my food as quickly and as loudly as I possibly can.
I always lick my bowl clean so that I can be sure to have eaten every tiny morsel and to keep my bowl clean. Mommy things I do this because I am a glutton and want to make sure I eat everything, but I assure you it's mostly to keep my bowl clean for the next meal. This video shows it all. If my camerawoman didn't run out of memory space I could have shown you how I always run back to my bowl after I've licked it clean. I am always hopeful that by chance I'm given dessert. But, it has yet to happen. Who do I need to talk to about this because my parents are clueless?

1 comment:

Ronin_The_Pug said...

Hi Oscar!!! I'm back!!!! Oh the torture before meal time!! I know!!! You should see me! I'm not a very patient doggy.
Hugs!