Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Nail Grinder

I just want to say thanks to whoever it was that recommended a nail grinder. Daddy found his new favorite tool. I have to say it's much nicer than the guillotine Mommy always uses on my nails. But, I still don't like it.


Daddy brought it out and I thought it was a neat looking contraption until he turned it on. Note for the other dogs out there-don't sniff it when it's on. It's not a toy and it's not as cool as it may seem. But, I was stupid and fell for the human's tricks.
They brought it out, let me see it and touch it and sniff it. I didn't think it was all that threatening, but I seriously didn't know this was for me. Otherwise, I totally wouldn't have thought it was interesting.

Then Daddy tucks me under his arm and brings this thing up to my nail and IT'S ANOTHER TORTURE DEVICE!

I try to wriggle away but he held me there. Oh, how I should have known!

You see, this thing looks all innocent, but when it touches your nail it makes this horrible grinding noise that tickles your teeth! And the smell! Oh, that smell-I don't know how to describe it. It's gross. And then, to top that off, you can see the little dust particles of my nail! So gross!

I do not like this thing one bit. It's like my parents are constantly coming up with ways to torture me! First the nail clippers, then the laundry basket, then food, now this, what's next?!

Daddy is a persistent man and as stubborn as I am, I just not strong enough to pull away. He pulled me back in and started grinding away. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

OK FINE. I guess it's not that bad. In comparison I mean. I guess I don't really feel it. And they're not going to cut my quick. It's a lot less terrifying then the nail clippers. But, I still don't like it. And, only one paw at a time. Then I get a treat. OK?! Just don't tell my parents. You can tell them the treat part and only one paw at a time, but not about the part of me not minding it.

8 comments:

Christine & Giggs said...

We take Giggs to the doggy salon every couple weeks or so for a paw-de-cure.

They take walk-ins for nails so we just pop by when we have time and they do it right then and there. It costs $4 and is totally worth it! Someone else gets to be the bad guy.

Goofy said...

pls don't tell my mom there is a new stuff for nails...pls don't..

Suki & Joey said...

Oh, no, I'm so sorry you had to suffer through that, Oscar. My Mom takes me to Petco and they use the same kind of grinder thingy.

It isn't as bad as the other kind, true, but it still stinks!

Puggy kisses
Suki

The Devil Dog said...

Hi there! Guilty as charged. But you have to admit, if your parents are less stressed about doing it then it is easier on you. Mom started us as puppies, so we are just used to it. It will get better.
:)
Roxy

Frances Louise said...

Ooooo, your parents are too tricky. There seems to be lots of torture devices out there for us pugs.

Anonymous said...

Hey Oscar! Well, you are a very nice puggy... I hate when the humans try to do something to my nails... And look at you... you stay so calm...
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Is that like a "Dremel tool"..? This sounds like a better idea than regular dog nail clippers...

Anonymous said...

Have a look at the latest, safest very best grinder solution - Oliver's Paw Pal - www.brooksgrove.com