Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Food-Just Give it To Me!

OK OK, so the rule is: NO HUMAN FOOD! No ifs, ands, ors, or buts. When my parents brought me home they adhered to this rule as if it were in the Bible. No amount of begging, whining, or crying would ever get them to break their own self-made rule. Who can blame them? After all, they really don't want a whiny, crying fat pug on their hands all the time whenever they eat. Right?

I never really liked that rule. I'm not sure when that rule was broken. Was it a weekend when Daddy was away and Mommy felt like spoiling me? Or was it the day that I stole food off of Mommy's fork when she was eating on the couch? Or was it when Daddy was working from home and he thought I could have a piece of his food?


Over the past year, I've eaten a lot of human food, such that I much prefer it over my own dried-up meat cereal. In fact, I hate it when the humans don't share with me. They're supposed to share with me.

When Mommy eats pizza, she gives me the crust. But, the other night she didn't. She just sat it on the table. I don't understand why she wouldn't give it to me. Was she trying to torture me? If she's not going to eat it and not give it to me, she could at least have the decency to throw it away or take it out of my sight!


Usually, if they don't share, I will steal the food. If I am not in the position to steal food I will beg and whine until they give me what I want. Usually, this works. Which is why I always try this.


I start by spreading my arms on the table and then I lay my head down and whimper until I've got their attention. If that doesn't work, I walk around the table and try to pull the food towards me. When that doesn't work, I bark-loudly!

I don't know why they do this to me. Why must they withhold food from me? I'm just a hungry little pug...

7 comments:

Frances Louise said...

Oscar, you need to have your parents talk to my parents. Not sharing food is an injustice towards pugs that must not be tolerated. All pugs should be fed until they are at least 10lb overweight -- more to love, as my Daddy says. By the way, I love the pizza crusts also.

The Devil Dog said...

Oh dear, this does not bode well for you, I am afraid. Lucky and I do not beg because we will not get anything. We can sit and stare at the humans as they eat, but that's about it. Lucky really doesn't care for human food, unless it is chicken liver. As for me, I'll eat almost anything. And I have, too.

Roxy

The WriggleButts said...

Oh Oscar, you poor little thing. You've got to JUMP onto the table, then you can get to the food!

Nimbus

PS: Mom thinks you're supercute with your arms out like that!

Goofy said...

this is bad... try to jump up and get everything into ur stomach

Juno said...

Oscar, you really look sad on the last photo. Who can say "No, human food" to you? I think your mommy & daddy are trying really hard but I have a feeling that they will spoil you again. :D

Momo xoxo

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Wow. Your humans have really bent the rules for you. We also have a no human rule food in our house that is bent VERY RARELY for bites of fruit and vegetables and healthy junk like that. I never get any processed foods like pizza crusts! I envy you.

Archie and Melissa said...

Emmitt loves the out stretched arm pose. He says he is going to try that for his next "I am so cute, I must have that food" pose.

Melissa and Emmitt
www.pugnotes.com
Uncommon Pug and Dog Art