Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Daddy's Home

Bark, bark, woof, woof, whimper, whine, grrr, bark, bark, aaarrroooorooorooo, bark, bark, woof, woof, whimper, whimper, whine, arooroorooorooorooooooo.

That's what I sounded like last Friday night when Daddy came home! Mommy and I were very excited to see him again. You see, he was gone pretty much all week last week and then the weekend before Mommy didn't see him and the weekend before that he was out-of-town too.

So when Daddy came home that evening I couldn't keep quiet nor could I sit still. We are thankful he is home.


However, I don't mind it when he is gone because then I really get to play with Mommy's head. For instance, I'll wake her up in the middle of the night by growling at the bedroom door. This makes her think there is something or someone in the house so she'll ask "What is it?." This is my cue to start jumping all over the bed violently barking in the direction of the "intruder."
Once I sense her heart rate is up and am certain she won't be comfortable to fall asleep anytime soon, I will dig my way back under the covers.


Sometimes, I start early. As soon as she shuts off the light and the TV, I'll come pounding my way up from the covers and start barking at the door. I think the last time she caught on to my antics and told me to be quiet and then shoved me back under the covers. Whatever.



I like to be obnoxious sometimes, but I still love her. I know she is lonely when Daddy is away, so instead of sleeping at the foot of the bed or on her body pillow, I'll cuddle up to her by stretching my paws over her shoulder and then I'll nuzzle my head in the neck/shoulder. When she rolls over to get space, I'll climb over her stomach and do the same on the other side. I love her obnoxiously. ;)

P.S: I am sorry that the photos today do not reflect the content of this post. This would be Mother's fault as she has neglected to take her daily quota of photos of me. I should hire new paparazzi. Now, I know how Lindsay Lohan and Paris feel when they don't make the front cover of the tabloids.

8 comments:

Frances Louise said...

What? How could your Mother not have a camera glued to your every move 24hrs a day? Are you not the star of the show? She should be grateful that you give her all that loving and comfort, especially at night.

Clover said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine & Giggs said...

Hmmm, I know of another little pug who likes to 'protect' the house when his daddy's away. He only succeeds in making me more nervous too.

Clover said...

Hey Oscar!
Sorry I had to delete my comment. We are really not on the ball. I am so glad your dad came home! It sucks when parents are away.
Love Clover xo

The Devil Dog said...

You are very very funny. But mean. I would never wake mom up inthe middle of the night. Mainly because I am nice and warm under the coves and I have NO intention of getting out of bed for anything.

Roxy

Jessica said...

That is so funny. We do the same thing when our Daddy is gone. We bark and growl at the bedroom door at night too. Mommy thinks it's because we are fraidy cats but we do it to trick her too.

Love, Seadra and Zoe

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

You're so sweet to cuddle your mom person while the dad person is gone. I like to play practical jokes like that on my Woman when Ian is gone too!

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

Woofers, Oscar!! Thanks for stopping by our blog a while back. It's nice to meet you pup!! We hope you have a pugalicious Thanksgiving.

Four Pugz