Monday, December 03, 2007

It's Christmas Time!


It's finally Christmas in our apartment. Last Friday night, my parents and I put up our Christmas tree. I forgot what it was like to put up a Christmas tree and everything that is involved in doing so.

This tree base, or whatever you would like to call it, was rather annoying. I don't really like the sound of metal banging against itself. Nor do I like it to move when it's not supposed to move.

Daddy seemed to have a lot of fun with the new found phobia of mine. At first, he just set the thing on the ground and would tap it with his feet to make it move and clink together. I would then bark at it and run circles around it. But then he found it to be more fun to chase me with it.

Oh well, at least I got my exercise in. I mean, not that I need it or anything.

After Daddy was done chasing me around with that tree contraption thing, he put up the tree and Mommy smoothed out all the branches. This, I gather, is no fun task. But, I guess first things first! Then we put up the lights.

I tried to help.

That didn't work out so well for me. Now, I'm a Christmas pug!

After we decorated the tree, Mommy tried to take pictures of me. I just wanted to eat the needles that fell of the tree and sniff around for whatever other goodies I could find.

After we put up the tree, Mommy decorated a few Christmas cookies and made an "as close as possible to the real deal" Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte with her espresso machine. Then she helped me put on my sweater so I could stay nice and warm. It was a very cold night, but it was perfect for cuddling on the couch, eating Christmas cookies, and watching a Christmas movie all while enjoying the pretty Christmas tree.

I will eventually post a picture of our Christmas tree, but first, my photographer needs to learn how to take good photos of the tree. You can see in the two pictures of me sitting in front of the tree how the pictures of the tree came out. The first one has too much noise and the coloring and brightness of the tree lights are all off in the second photo. At least the first picture shows more of the real beauty of our tree.

6 comments:

Clover said...

Hey Oscar,
Good work with the tree! I think it is because of your help that it looks so great!
My mom is really jealous that your mom was making a drink like a Starbucks one... maybe I need to get her an espresso machine for Christmas?
Love Clover xo

Archie and Melissa said...

Oscar, You are the cutest pug ever! I love the lights wrapped around you. You are very festive!
I know just what you mean about running around and mom and dad laughing. When I tuck my tail under (for aerodynamic speed purposes) and run around the room like crazy, they call it "football baby" because I look like a football. Works well for watching the superbowl. I guess the name makes sense since I was named after Emmitt Smith (when he was a football player, not dancing with the stars champ.)I am not graceful! :)
Emmitt

Winston said...

Hey Oscar,
My Daddy picks on me the same way that your Daddy does. Why do Daddies have to be so mean? Otherwise, it looked like you had a good time. Merry Christmas.

The Grand Duke

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Great work Oscar!

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

Great job helping with the tree. You look awesome as a Christmas pug!

Four Pugz

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am resident in the Pug Community at ww.pugslife.org and I want to invite you to join, too. If you don’t have the time, maybe you can just grab one of our Pugslife badges to put on your website. Thanks.

Twirly the Pug