Monday, January 01, 2007

A New Year brings in New Adventures


So, what exactly are these New Years Resolutions and why do people even bother? I don't understand why you'd make a list of goals to accomplish by the end of the year only to become depressed at the end of the year because you never completed them. Is it really a list to see what you WON'T accomplish at the end of the year? Instead of losing 10 lbs why not say you're going to gain 20 lbs? You might accomplish that and if not, then you'll just feel better that you never lost any. And if you lost weight than maybe you'll feel better that you didn't gain any. I don't know.

Anyways, we all have goals and regardless of whether or not they get accomplished it's always good to make a list to see what you can or can't accomplish. Then you'll know what you'll need to focus on and not accomplish for the next year. Maybe reading Covey's "7th habit" in his book 7 Habits for Highly Effective People may help.

My News Years Resolutions
:

1. To gain weight. yes, for real, none of that reverse psychology manipulation thing I was talking about earlier.

2. To sleep more.

3. To lay around the house more often. I don't even know why this is a resolution. Of course I'll be sleeping and laying around the house more often: Mommy finally got a job! And, she's still in school. Booo.

4. Receive more treats more often. Does this go with #1?

5. To become tougher. aaahhhh...well.....scrap that.

6. To win an award...really struggled coming up with more of my list, but one way or another, we're going to win some sort of blogging award. We'll see. We'll need to draw from Mommy's not-so, but needs-to-be creative mind.

[See, I can sleep and chew on my toys! Yay me! ]

Well, I created this post several days ago, but then my contest came up. In between the time that I created this post and my post about the contest, I was tagged by my friend Scrappy to list my New Years Resolutions. Well, here they are. Since this is late, I won't be tagging anyone else, because everyone else...well, they're already tagged.

Anyhow, it's time to hunt down those liver treats. I'm getting started on resolution #1!

Oh, by the way, I've got a surprise for y'all....stay tuned!

1 comment:

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

How'd you do in the contest? I voted for you!

I like ALL your resolutions.

Bussie Kissies
Buster