Friday, October 10, 2008

Bath Time



I hate taking baths. I know I'm in trouble when I come home from the dog park and Mommy takes off my collar, walks into the bathroom and calls me over. That's when I usually jump on the back of the couch hoping Daddy will save me. But, he doesn't. He eventually says, "GO!" My next tactic is to walk to the far end of the couch and huddle with my tail down in the corner by the wall. This never goes over well. I just get picked up and put in the bathtub.

I'm not sure which is worse: the water or getting dried off. My comfort requires a certain level of warmth and that means the temperature of the water has to be just right. It's always warm, but the hotter the water, the more I relax. This confuses Mommy because she thinks it's too hot.

Being towel dried is pretty bad because at this point I just want OUT of the bathtub. Not to mention, being rubbed down with a towel over and over is not fun. It's like rubbing wood with sandpaper. OK, maybe it's not that harsh, but it's not enjoyable.

Then, the last thing I ever want is to play in the bathtub.


Or take pictures...

Okay, okay....maybe I do like to do a little modeling from time to time. But, preferably not with my collar off while I'm in the bathtub.

4 comments:

Puddleglum said...

You are so cute and very accommodating, Oscar!

Clover said...

Aw, I had to have a bath this weekend too. Being dried off makes me go crazy!
Love Clover xo

Unknown said...

so cute! looks like a little ghost with the towel and glowing eyes...

Frances Louise said...

You look so adorable in that towel, Oscar! Those big, sad eyes!

I don't like baths either, but I love getting toweled off . . . Daddy will chase me with the towel around the room and then dry me off a little bit before I begin playing tug-of-war with it.