Thursday, September 06, 2007

Friday Evenings

I love Friday evenings. Perhaps it's because my parents are in such a good mood, or because we all curl up on the couch to watch a movie, or because we go to the dog park, or long walks or because of the amount of time Mommy and Daddy play with me.

A few weeks ago, Daddy and I spent a lot of time playing together, like nearly the entire evening! First we started off by playing tug-of-war and keep-away with my favorite blanket.

Daddy is so good at hiding the blanket underneath him. I strategically and stealthily managed to get the blanket out from underneath him.

Oh no! He's coming! I am not going to let him get this blanket!



HA! Think you're going to get the blanket? Think again, wise guy!

Well, he got the blanket.

Then we danced a river dance.

Daddy also danced a jig with me too, but he wouldn't let Mommy post his picture. See, in the picture above, he is swirling the blanket and you can kind of see his fancy foot work. He's not as good as me though.


We got tired of river dancing, so we decided to play tug-of-war.

We were so tired of playing keep-away and river dancing that we didn't play tug very long. But in an effort to get me back for making him dance he decided to wrap me up in my blanket.

I am not very happy about this and I pleaded with him to untie me, but he only laughed.

I was not amused.

So, I gave him the evil eye and told him what was up.
That jerk, made me take it off myself. It required a lot of work and I think I might have ripped my blanket some. But Mommy doesn't have real evidence as we believe there might have been holes in it already. If I was going to get in trouble, I would have blamed Daddy.

Finally, when I got it off, Mommy gave me a marshmallow (actually, I stole it, see earlier post).

I wanted Daddy to see how much I enjoyed my marshmallow. So just to spite him, I ate it slowly and presented my marshmallow to Mommy so she could snap a picture.

Don't you wish you got a marshmallow, Daddy? MMMMM...yummy...

11 comments:

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Wow Oscar! That looks like a fun night! River dancing looks so awesome!

Jen and Suki said...

Yum, I certainly wish I got a marshmallow... and your Riverdancing picture made my mom and dad howl with laughter!

coco said...

oh you are soooo cute when you dance!!! such a very talented young stud!

love the marshmallow pic, too!

Goofy said...

That was a fun night right? And I love that photo of you dancing!!

Jean M Fogle said...

Oscar,
I love watching you dance! Your dad asked at my blog about my lady's writing. Since she got me, brag, brag, she switched from garden writing and photography to almost all doggie things. She writes for Dog Fancy,has a column for Dogs for Kids about trick training and best of all she writes books.
You asked her about taking pictures and she invites you and all your blogging friends to go and sign up for her free newsletter about dog photography. She is getting ready to send a new one this weekend.
YOu can sign up at
http://jeanmfogle.com
You can read all about her book Salty dogs which is coming out in two weeks! Naturally there are quite a few pics of this famous Jack! See more beach dog pics at
http://saltydogs-thebook.blogspot.com
Molly

Jessica said...

Hey Oscar!! Our favorite is the marshmallow photo. Thanks for making us smile.

Love, Seadra and Zoe

Kien said...

yes yes ...i love when it comes to friday..that is when the weekend is near and i can spent most of my time with my parents..

and u are so cute in that t-shirt.. hahah..

Cheers
Rossi

Ronin_The_Pug said...

Woooow! Cool photos Oscar! Oh yes! I love Fridays evenings! My humans look so happy!
Kisses!

Juno said...

Oscar! Oh yes,Friday evening is the best of the best. My pawrents, especially my mom is in such a good mood. My dad trys to stay cool about it! hehe.. :)
You're quite a dancer, Oscar! I love the first Dance photo! It makes me smile!

Momo xoxo

L said...

Oh my GAWD that picture of you riverdancing made me laugh so hard!

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Oscar,

You have been nominated for Awesome Blog Award over at the DWB Bone Zone - head on over and cast your vote :-)

Love
Opy