Saturday, March 31, 2007

Evening at the Dog Park

Today was such clear, sunny and overall a beautiful day, such that it finally feels like spring! So to reward me for being locked in my crate all week and to enjoy the beautiful weather, Daddy, Mommy, and I went on a family outing-to the dog park!

We weren't really sure what to expect. The last time we went I was the only other dog for awhile and it was terribly muddy. This time there were lots of dog and people and no mud.

Since it had been awhile since I've been to the dog park, I decided I had to investigate the park before I made any friends. Mommy was quite taken with a shy, 6 month old beagle named Fonzy who hid behind her in order to be protected from the more active dogs. She liked how he would sidle up to her and press his nose against her leg. So she would kneel down on the ground and pet Fonzy, which is how I met Charlie.

Charlie, was a black cairn terrier(?) who decided he wanted some of the free love Mommy was giving Fonzy. He jumped on her knees nearly knocking her over. Charlie saw me sitting by Daddy's legs and challenged me to a run. I chased Charlie around the park and then paused by Daddy's legs again for a quick breather. At that point, Charlie decided to initiate our ill-matched friendship by jumping on my back to tell me who's boss.

The rest of my time at the park was spent trying to defend myself against Charlie and another larger poodle mix. Charlie would jump on my back while the poodle mix would bark at me. I'd whip around like a jedi knight and snarl back at Charlie but he seemed undeterred. I think he took on the form of Darth Vader.




I also met a boston terrier who I really liked, and tried to use him as excuse to get away from Charlie but that didn't work.

About an hour later, I laid on the ground with my tongue hanging out of my mouth. My tongue would roll in and out of my mouth with every inhale and exhale like a party favor blowout.
Daddy and Mommy decided it was time to go! I asked if we could get ice cream on the way home, but they said, "No."

1 comment:

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

I always end up dunking myself in the water fountain at the dog park.

Bussie Kissies
Buster