Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Trip to the Bakery


On a gray chilly fall day, I donned my gray sweater and hopped in the car with my Mom and her cousin and took a trip downtown. We went to a bakery, but not just any bakery. We went to a bakery just for dogs. That's right, humans Not allowed. OK, they're allowed, but they can't buy anything for themselves no matter how good it looks. I know Mommy was so tempted. But, I digress.

We went to Three Dog Bakery and browsed around the store a bit. I was surprised to see they sold other items other than food, but I didn't really care. We found leashes and collars, sweaters and shirts, food bowls and beds for sale. You know what else they sold? Paintings. That's right. Paintings. But, the cool part is, it was painted by a dog. A DOG?! They put up pictures of the artist painting for proof. But, I remain skeptical.

We walked into the store and Mommy made me browse along with her. I didn't mind because I got some attention from other customers. Unfortunately, my sweater was a big hit! Don't they know they're only encouraging my parents to make me wear it? It seemed like an hour passed before we went to the counter to pick out my treats even though it was only 10 minutes.

As Mommy ordered my treats, I stuck my head under the swinging counter door to see giant dogs. So I growled and barked at them. Mommy didn't appreciate the fact that I was trying to pick a fight with the Great Danes. The guy behind the corner didn't mind. He liked me and would give me samples of their bakery items if I licked him and shook his hand.

So here's what we got: One carrot cake that truly smells like carrot cake and two different types of "pupcakes." I wanted to get an "itty bitty kitty" too, but for some reason I didn't.



I left the bakery fat and happy and excited to eat my treats at home. In my excitement I temporarily lost my mind. I pooped right in front of a restaurant door. Oops.

I got to enjoy my first "pupcake" the next day. It would have been more enjoyable if Mommy didn't take a zillion photos. But, she let me eat one of the pupcakes.


It was so yummy! I wish I could have eaten the others.

Apparently, I have to ration them out because they were rather expensive. Maybe I'll get to enjoy one this weekend.

3 comments:

Ronin_The_Pug said...

Hi Oscar!!! Missed you so much buddy! What? Cookies??? Oh my! They look sooooo good and yummieeee!!! Why are torturing meeee?! I want a cookie too!

Huuuuuugs!

Clover said...

Hi Oscar!
OMD I wish we had a dog bakery here too - those pupcakes look delicious!
Love Clover xo

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am a dog lover from Toronto Canada and I happened to find your blog at http://www.dogswithblogs.com.au/theblogs2.htm

and wanted to say hi because he is SO CUTE! :)